PhD scholarships in robotics research
The Australian Robotic Inspection and Asset Management Hub (ARIAM) is an ARC Research hub hosted by the University of Sydney and in partnership with Queensland University of Technology and The Australian National University.
ARIAM aims to transform the way assets and infrastructure are managed through the development of intelligent robotic systems with new capabilities for inspection, monitoring, maintenance, and optimisation.
They offer PhD scholarships to join their team located within Australia’s leading academic institutions for robotics research.
The scholarships are available in key areas of at the forefront of robotics and related subjects, including:
- Computational imaging
- Planning & control
- 3D reconstruction & mapping
- Machine learning & reinforcement learning
Through the program you will:
- Undertake research in real-world problems and push the frontiers of research into intelligent robotics systems
- Develop specialist technical skills throughout a 3.5-year scholarship
- Be mentored by leading academics as well as industry experts
- Apply your knowledge to real robots in the lab and in the field
- Develop strong, transferable soft skills such as project management, and client relations to complement your technical knowledge
- Build your professional network through our industry workshops and attending international conferences
- Contribute to developing new knowledge in a fast-growing industry with endless potential
To apply you must ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements of our partner universities. The minimum requirements are:
- Hold a bachelors degree in a relevant field of study
- Generally first class honours or equivalent
Expressions of Interest are to be completed on the following page